Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Nibbly fish! (24th September)

Today, we spent some time as a group. We first paid a visit to the Mayor of Shinagawa, and that was probably the most formal occasion I`d ever been in (rather serious and professional). We introduced ourselves and then sang Pokarekare Ana again. With the blessings of Mayor, we went on to a city tour!
The first stop was the fire brigade, where we watched a movie (though it was surprising to see it was a short film based on an earthquake in Japan) and then shortly went on to practice extinguishing a fire with the fire brigade. It`s been a while seen I was able to yell as loudly as I could, so I really let loose when we yelled "KAJIDAAAA!!!". After that we went on to an earthquake simulation bus. It was me, Mark, Derek and Cath on the seats and, yup, no hands through the magnitude 7 earthquake.
While Kelly Tarltons in Auckland is a nice aquarium, I have to say Shinagawa`s aquarium was quite the eye-opener. Giant turtles, Jellyfish, A dolphin show, but what really got me was a tank we could put our hands in and these little fish (I think they were tadpoles?) just swarm right up to us and start nibbling away. Gosh that felt weird; nibbly nibbly fish.
Well, I`ve got my speech coming up for Ono Gakuen soon, so I`ve gotta get some practice in, see you later! -Arian.  

No comments:

Post a Comment