Saturday, October 11, 2014

Finalé

Day: 20

Entry: 4
     
Finale,

Its 10:42 New Zealand time. Its dark on the plane, because everyone has the window shade closed. My friend Niki is sleeping, but I don't feel tired, actually, I'm quite awake. The Japan trip has been one of the best experiences in my life. I would have never known how different life in another country feels like, and I will likely never know again. It was an experience that you had to be there to understand, the politeness, the order, the beauty. Time with our host family made us become the closest of friends. It turned from host family to a part of the family. People that I will never forget. The things that we did, and how nice they were to me, it Was like I was being treated like a king, or a queen haha. I miss them dearly and when I go home, the first thing I'll do, is unpack, because unlike packing, I'll do this first, right miss Nell? Then I'll send my host family an email and talk to them, see how they have been, and maybe Skype them, maybe. After the farewell of shinagawa, things only got better. We went on a shinkansen, or bullet train for all you non - Japanese speaking chaps. We sped through Japan and before I knew it, I could see on the map, from Tokyo to Hiroshima, how far we had actually gone. It was amazing! Going to the school in Japan was such an awesome experience, it is so much more organized and the buildings are so much. Me and my host family went camping and the bbq we had was the best things i've had in my life. All Japanese food is so much better than New Zealand's. In Hiroshima was probably my favorite activity on the trip. We went to the Hiroshima peace park, and went into the museum and saw things that really made the realism sink in. The remains of buildings, school uniforms and even skin and deformed Nails really showed what the effects of an atomic bomb were, and how they are filled with cruelty. Ohh, the hostess is giving me a drink, thanks! Anyways, I sat in the park for a while after the others left, for around two hours just taking in the quiet and the understanding. My friend Mark felt the same way, as we we sat in scilence for a long time. The trip to Osaka was really smooth, I think it was a shinkansen again. At Osaka we went to rinku town and the institute for Japanese language, more simply known as the kansai center to us. Osaka was nice and we did some really cool activities like taiko drumming, yukata wearing and also packing... Oh wait I meant and shopping... Oh you get the idea. We went on the big ferris wheel and it was pretty cool. Also one of my most favorite parts was the floating garden, which is a building that looks Awesome and it has a really good view. It was just after a typhoon so the skies were clear and nice. I took some awesome pics there. We also did some cool stuff like udon making and wind chime making, and parfait making, really cool stuff to do. The tallest building known as the sky tree in sky tree town was amazing, even though i was dying slowly in the inside (im scared of heights).  The trip in general was awesome, and maybe one day I'll go back to Japan. Waking up at four to five in the morning is a bad idea though. Sometimes, on the trip, if I was missing my dad, I would listen to right here, right now, followed by Rockafeller skank by fatboy slim, while if I was missing my mum or little bro, or Scott, I would listen to hey brother by Avicii. I really am going to miss Japan, the sound of the crows in the morning, the smell of an awesome breakfast, the taste of the best bread ever, the feel of the futon, the light streaming into my room and spraying itself on the floor. All of these were awesome experiences and the best time of my life, but I have gone on enough now, and because they are serving breakfast on the plane, good bye guys. This is Rahul, signing off for the last time.

Don't you think I would forget this part!

DFTBA! (Dont Forget To Be Awesome!)

Extra: We are descending into a wet and stormy Auckland, yay what a great start for our first day back haha, lots of turbulence, right Niki? Niki: not so bad (does hand gesture like, so-so) Rahul: sweg lol

Love you guys bye! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment